17 Nov ILCA Webinar: LOST IN TRANSLATION: THE FIVE THINGS BUSINESSES MUST UNDERSTAND ABOUT THE LATINX CULTURE
The ILCA (Illinois Landscape Contractors Association) is hosting a webinar Nov 18, 2020 at 1:00 PM CST.
Spanish-speakers and Latinx employees comprise over 50% of the Illinois landscape industry. Bridging the gap is bigger than language. It is a cultural understanding that can reap tremendous dividends. This is a can’t miss webinar for owners, managers, supervisors and anyone else looking to bridge the cultural divide and establish a more productive and harmonious workplace. Join us for this discussion that will cover the following topics:
- How we show respect and disrespect – Even our handshakes are different
- Ambition in the Latino culture – How to spot it and cultivate it
- Education – The Old School vs. the New School
- Pride in our companies – How we show you we care
- We are immigrants and we are patriots – Yes, it is possible to have two homes
The presenter will address these points and address some of the biggest misconceptions of working alongside Latino employees.
Learn more here: https://www.ilca.net/professional/events/#!event/2020/11/18/latinx-webinar