18 Jul Summer Fresh Tomato and Spaghetti Dinner
Enjoy one of my all time favorite meals especially with the seasons home grown tomatos.
Toni’s Favorite Summer Fresh Tomato and Spaghetti Dinner
8 to 10 large ripe tomatoes, chopped
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil and 8 tablespoons sweet butter
1 large sweet vidalia onion diced
1 small bunch washed dried and hand-torn pieces basil leaves
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
Freshly grated Parmigiano-reggiano cheese to taste
One pound of spaghetti
1) Put water on to boil to cook your pasta (spaghetti)
2) While waiting for the water to boil chop tomatoes and dice onions
3) Using a large sauté pan, add extra virgin olive oil and melt butter to cook onions and tomatoes
4) Once water is at full boil – throw your pasta into cook (follow pasta cooking directions) and begin putting your fresh tomato sauce together
5) Add onions to melted butter /olive oil mixture and sauté the onions until very wilted over medium high to high heat
6) Once onions are wilted and translucent, add chopped tomatoes, stir for 1 minute, add basil and stir one minute
7) Remove from heat immediately and toss with your cooked spaghetti
Add fresh ground pepper and freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese to taste to each individual serving.
An alternative to this dish is to add fresh mozzarella cheese (packed in water) cut in pieces on top of each individual serving.
Serve with garlic bread, a tossed salad with your favorite vinaigrette dressing using greens like – arugula, red leaf lettuce, and romaine and don’t forget your