11 Sep Recipe Thursday: Mardi Gras Jambalaya
Celebrate the tastes of the Bayou tonight with our simple and quick 45 minute recipe for anytime you want to celebrate Mardi Gras.
Mardi Gras Jambalaya
•1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch chunks
• 1 pound smoked turkey sausage or andouille sausage, cut into 1-inch slices
•1/2 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
• 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes, undrained
• 1 3/4 cup chicken broth
• 1 cup uncooked long- or whole-grain rice
•1/2 cup dry white wine
• 2 green or red bell peppers, coarsely chopped (If you’ve got them, use 1 green and 1 red bell pepper for a very colorful jambalaya.)
• 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
• 4 teaspoons Creole seasoning
• 1 teaspoon garlic powder
In a soup pot over medium heat, combine all ingredients; mix well. Cover and cook 15 minutes. Reduce heat to low and simmer 30 to 35 minutes, or until rice is cooked. Add hot peppers or hot sauce to taste. There are other Jambalaya Recipes you can make that will take hours…but for a weeknight dinner this is simple, quick and yummo.
Courtesy of mrfood.com