27 Aug Recipe Thursday: Crispy Parmesan Tomato Chips
Crispy Parmesan Tomato Chips
Tomato season is upon us and here is a delicious Crispy Parmesan Tomato Chips recipe from Brenda Bennett and Sugar Free Mom to make in your oven or dehydrator.
The bigger tomato the better for this recipe says Bennett. Please note if you use smaller ones they will shrink quite a bit. Bennett choses not to use a mandolin because if you do the thinner the tomato slices are the more holes they will have therefore losing a lot of the seasonings and she doesen’t think they look as pretty.
6 cups thinly sliced beefsteak tomatoes
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons sea salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1. Gently drizzle and toss the sliced tomatoes in the olive oil to coat slices.
2. Place slices without overlapping onto dehydrator shelves or a baking pan.
3. If you are baking preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
4. In a small bowl whisk together the remaining ingredients.
5. Sprinkle mixture over each slice.
6. Depending on how thick the slices of tomato are, dehydrating could take anywhere from 12-24 hours.
7. If baking check every 30 minutes until edges show some charring, could take 2-3 hours.
Notes: Net Carbs: 7.3g and Weight Watchers Points Plus: 3
Serving size: 1/2 cup
Saturated fat: 1.1g
Crispy Parmesan Tomato Chips is courtesy of msn.com/lifestyle/foodanddrink and author: Brenda Bennett of Sugar Free Mom (sugarfreemom.com)