Entry-level Landscape Designer/Support Position
We are seeking an enthusiastic team player who can also work independently to efficiently support the design staff with surveying, base sheets, drafting, color rendering, area quantity take offs, presentation materials and municipal permitting.
The Landscape Support Person is responsible for the functions below including other duties as assigned:
• Locate, measure, record and photograph existing site features of properties using provided instruments.
• Create base sheets in AutoCAD upon which the landscape plans will be utilized by others.
• Convert hand drawn design concepts into AutoCAD plans.
• Develop aesthetically pleasing color renderings for presentations using markers, pencils and paint pens.
• Utilize SketchUp software to create 3D illustrations.
• Prepare a custom photo library for client presentation of all of the proposed design features and materials.
• Assist designers with calculating areas and quantities of proposed materials for the creation of the estimate.
• Prepare building permit applications for submittal to the appropriate municipality.
Desired Skills & Experience
Qualified candidates should enjoying working outside and be competent with AutoCAD and somewhat computer/tech savvy. Ability to identify Zone 5 common trees, shrubs and perennials and experience using SketchUp is desired. Bachelor or an Associate Degree in a related field is preferred. Qualified candidates please send resumes to Michael Schmechtig, President, at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call him at 847-417-5573.
2019 Seasonal Positions Open
Seasonal Landscape Maintenance Crew – Foreman:
We are looking for Foreman to work with us through the 2019 landscape season and beyond to perform the following duties: Supervise landscape crew of 2 to 4 laborers; perform routine landscape services inclusive of (but not limited to) mowing, edging, pruning, planting, debris removal, etc.; ensure landscape jobs are completed per contract specifications; assist laborers with the proper use of landscape equipment; enforce safety; keep track of crew hours; submit daily time sheets to Account Manager; maintain communication with Account Manager regarding status of the mowing schedule, job completion, crew performance, etc.; demonstrate courteous and professional customer service skills; communicate clearly and effectively with customers; ensure landscape equipment is working properly; make sure you keep trailer inventory up to date. Candidate must have a driver’s license with a clean record and worked on crews as a seasonal landscape maintenance field support worker for 3 years.
Seasonal Landscape Maintenance Crew – Field Support Laborer
We are looking for field crew support people to work with us through the 2019 landscape season and beyond to perform landscape duties: mowing, edging, trimming, planting, debris removal and more.
No experience required. We will train. This is a great entry level position for a career in landscaping.